I’m late on my weekly update – it was a big weekend interstate! I had a great time with friends I hadn’t seen in awhile and celebrating the engagement of 2 very dear friends of mine.
Debt busting wise, it wasn’t such a great week. For the first time since starting my Debt Breakup, I have had to use my credit card. But I have said before that April for me is a huge month (3 trips interstate) so although it is disappointing to have added too, and not reduced, my debt this week, its not surprising.
The main reason I did ‘no spend week’ in week 5 was to keep some coin in my account for the week just gone. So I figure if I hadn’t put in the hard ‘no spending’ yards in week 5, I’d had to have put even more on my credit card – so that is one good thing.
Spending / Expenses:
(Amounts in italics are included in my regular monthly expense budget as listed in this previous post)
- Monday: $0.00
- Tuesday: $4.40 coffee, $7.10 health and beauty items
- Wednesday: $91.00 gift ($70 put on credit card), $10 gift cards
- Thursday: $0.00
- Friday: , $2.00 donation, $4.30 coffee
- Saturday: $35.00 taxi (put on Credit card) $4.40 coffee, $15.90 train travel (put on Credit card), $9.00 coffees, $5.00 travel, $30 lunch, $20 taxi, $66.60 taxi
- Sunday: $32 (put on credit card) $4.95 magazine, $10.oo dinner, $7.50 snacks (put on credit card), $15.90 travel
Total Expenses / spend: $375.05 + credit card interest $16.00 =$391.05
Week 6 Summary
Income $0 + $208.35 (bank balance at start of the week) – expenses $375.05 = $9.37 in bank account (not all my expenses were paid with cash, hence still a small balance in my account)
Week 6 debt status
Credit card #1 – $759.00
Credit card #2 – $4615.45
Personal loan – $7309.87
Total Debt : $12, 684.32
Initial Debt: $14, 744.12
Debt reduced by week 6: $ 2059.80