Big thanks to Sarah at Life In the Orchard who nominated me for a Liebster Award 🙂
Thanks so much Sarah!
There are some great blogs out there tackling debt and sharing their journey’s, and the Liebster Award is a great platform to recognize them, so I’d like to nominate:
Guys, your questions to answer at the bottom of this post 🙂
And now for the ‘rules’…
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog. 2. Show off your award on your blog (in a post, widget, etc. like I did). 3. Answer 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you. 4. Create 10 questions of your own. (Don’t worry, you can use mine if you want). 5. Nominate 5-10 of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination. 6. And of course, tell them about it and provide a link back to your website so that they can know more about the award!
Here are my questions from Sarah at Life in the Orchard:
- What is your favorite thing about yourself? I am quite happy to be alone, in fact, it is the source of my energy…quality alone time with me J The older I get, the more people I meet, the more I realise this is quite a rare gift. To simply enjoy your own company.
- What is your greatest accomplishment? I find it hard to say what my greatest accomplishment is…a life has so many facets, and I don’t think I have 1 accomplishment to cover them all. A few recent things I am proud of though – completing (just!) a 50km ultra marathon and the progress I have made in paying off the debt I have to date. When I am debt free, I could certainly say that will be the biggest financial accomplishment in my life!
- If you could do anything for a living and money wasn’t an issue, what would you do? Own a vintage / retro furniture and homewares store or a travel writer.
- What in life is holding you back from living your dreams? Debt / lack of savings at the moment. But I’m well down the path of changing this – so by the end of 2014, LOOK OUT! My life of long stints of wandering the globe (that’s my dream 😉 shall begin!
- If you could take the vacation of a lifetime where would you go and why? Italy…and eat…and eat…and eat…
- Where is the best place you have traveled? Colombia
- What inspires you to blog? My getting debt free journey – and hopefully inspiring others with the same goal!
- When you first started your blog what was the purpose of creating it? I started my blog after reading other debt free / personal finance blogs and decided I wanted to track my journey too.
- How has blogging enhanced your life? I would say blogging has certainly helped keep me accountable on my mission to pay off $14,750 worth of debt. I find the blogging world of personal finance super inspiring…..you can be very honest on an ‘anonymous’ blog on the subject of money. A subject most people find awkward / embarrassing to talk about with friends – especially if they are in debt.
- If you won a million bucks what would you do with it? Buy a modest home / invest some and spend the rest travelling. Imagine how much amazing food I could eat in Italy with that kind of cash 😉
Questions for the blogs I nominated are:
- What is your favorite thing about yourself?
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
- If you could do anything for a living and money wasn’t an issue, what would you do?
- What in life is holding you back from living your dreams?
- If you could take the vacation of a lifetime where would you go and why?
- Where is the best place you have traveled?
- What inspires you to blog?
- When you first started your blog what was the purpose of creating it?
- How has blogging enhanced your life?
- If you won a million bucks what would you do with it?
Have fun guys!